XDS Receiver Discovery Tool
Download Link for the XDS Receiver Discovery Tool: XDS Discovery Tool 1.3.msi (02/16/2010)
Quick Start Guide (appears below also): XDS Receiver Discovery Tool Quick Start Guide.pdf (8/7/2009)
XDS Receiver Discovery Tool Quick Start Guide
The XDS Receiver Discovery Tool allows the user to view details about X-Digital receivers connected to the local network, including:
- The receiverís IP address
- The receiverís station name
- The type of receiver
- The code version the receiver is currently running
- The receiverís board revision
- The receiverís serial number
- The receiverís status
- The receiverís past faults
- Download the XDS Discovery Tool msi install file.
- Double click the install file. Follow the instructions in the dialog.
- From the Windows Start Menu, select Control Panel and then 'Add/Remove Programs'.
- In the Add/Remove Programs dialog, select 'XDS Discovery Tool'.
To Upgrade From an Older Version
- Follow the 'To Uninstall' directions above.
- Follow the 'To Install' directions above.
The Start button begins locating receivers connected to the network. Unless the Stop button is pressed, the search will run for 10 seconds. The amount of time to search can be changed by clicking on the Advanced Options link and changing the Time To Run parameter. The list of receivers found can be cleared using the Clear List button.
Features to note:
- Clicking on a receiver's IP will open up a web browser with that receiverís Web Interface.
- Hovering over the Status and Past Faults columns displays the warning messages associated with the status code.
Here are a few important things to consider if you are having trouble running the XDS Receiver Discovery Tool:
- The Microsoft .NET framework must be installed for this application to function. The .NET framework can be downloaded from here.
- For the application to run off of a local intranet the .NET framework must be version 3.5 or above.
Version 1.3 - 02/16/10
- Fixed crash when Name exceeded 40 characters
Version 1.2 - 9/9/09
- Added the ability to resize the window
- Added X-Digital branding
- Added tooltips displaying more information about the Status / Past Faults bits
- Added sorting by clicking on column headers
- Changed the IP displayed to be the Response IP instead of the IP given in the Receiver packet
Version 1.1 - 8/7/09
- Added the Name column (Backwards compatible with older receiver code).
- Added a Warning message when trying to open multiple instances of the program instead of receiving a System.Net.Sockets.SocketException because the Socket can only be used by one program at a time.
- Changed Permission Warning to suggest upgrading .Net to 3.5 or above if trying to run the program off of an Intranet.